Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday is here already.....


Weekends come so quickly and disappear even faster! Don't really have any pictures to share, except for Jacob holding Kadance. She will be 3 months old soon, I'm alittle worried about her, she always looks to the side, doesn't really track your face like I think a baby should. It's been a long time since my boys were that little, but shouldn't she look you in the face? Anybody have a suggestion, I'll take it, since she doesn't have insurance, the county health department is Anglynn's only choice for health care. I want to help make sure that the baby is developing ok. Anglynn is only 19 and a new mommy so, she doesn't know yet.

I'm working on my feathered friends exchange so can't show any pictures. Off to stitch before bed!

DaisyGirl

9 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Does she look her mother in the face?

I know Indiana does a hearing screen when the babies are born...do you know if she had one?

Does she stare at brightly patterned objects....Hmmm....I don't know what to think. If you're worried, I'd suggest having Anglynn make an appointment to see the Dr.
Does the baby have well checks? Usually they are done at 2 weeks, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months and every two months up to 1 year and then every 4 months to 2 years.

Does she startle at loud noises?

Does she seem normal in every other way? Let me know....

Kim B said...

Hm - Cole just turned 2 and his infancy already feels like an eternity ago. I do feel like he looked us in the face - analyzing our features when he was just a newborn though. But I'm really not sure :/

Paula D said...

I remember one of my daughter's did the same thing. She even kept her head tilted to one side. Around 3 months the dr said to try to lay her on her other side, propped up with rolled up blankets or such. (Her skull had even a slight indention on the one side! Scary, I know) But with this solution, she developed fine (skull and all) and is now a happy wonderful 2 1/2 toddler. But again, any concerns, call the DR! Always check these things out with a professional if you are really concerned.

Cheryl said...

Thats a cute picture!

Anonymous said...

ohhh so cute try not to woorry just check her up at doctors good luck

Marie said...

Donna, check out this link on infant vision, it may help:

http://www.childrensvision.com/development.htm

My boys are 21/19 ~ too far back to remember!

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Darling picture!! Happy weekend.

Tanya

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Forgot to add this link http://kidshealth.org/parent/growth/senses/sense13m.html which is interesting about baby's vision, etc. I'd exercise her eyes with mobiles and try moving colored toys infront of her for small periods of time and see if her eye muscles alert more. Good luck - I hope she is OK.
Tanya

stitcherw said...

What a cutie. Sorry I can't help on the tracking, my DD is 24 now and I just don't remember. If you're concerned though I'd have her make an appointment and take her in. The clinic should be able to do simple developement tests and also give her some base line development points.
Sue