Saturday, January 3, 2009

Look at what Jacob knitted!




I am amazed at my son! He knitted this sweet little guy! He is such a great kid! He knits faster than me I tell you. I bought him some circular needles and he has promised me he'd knit me a hat! I can't wait!


This is my last weekend off. Back to school on Monday. I'm not ready to go back. I spent a great deal of my vacation on pain meds. My PSa/RA has been worse, plus my back is my worst enemy right now. I had to waste 5 hours waiting at the hospital for xrays on my back and neck. Those chairs in the waiting room are horrible. They have upped my Enbrel shots to twice a week. I really feel that it's a waste, because I feel worse than better. Oh well, I'll see my doctor on the 19th of this month and we will see.


I will have pictures of stitching tomorrow! I'm finishing up my Halloween RR, just have to stitch a tiny bit more, it's over 1 thread, so I've been dreading the stitching on that part. I have to clip on magnifiers to my glasses! What a hoot that is!


I'm jealous that my hubby will be off this next week. But, he needs the rest. He has so much planned for his week off. I'd be like, plan nothing! Just rest! So we will see!


Hugs,


DaisyGirl


ps: I changed again! I missed my pink!

10 comments:

Cindy F. said...

WOW!! Your son is goo!! That is too cute!
Hey, your blog looks great!
So sorry your having bad pains. I hope you get some relief soon!

Kendra said...

Cute little knitted critter! I'm envious...I want to be able to knit, but I just can't get that purl stitch.

Sorry about your back pain...I've been having problems with my back lately, too. I don't know if it's the weather or if I'm just getting old...LOL

stitcherw said...

What a cutie he made, I love the little knitted or crochet animals. I'll bet he'll really enjoy the circular needles, I know I like them. Looking forward to seeing your Halloween RR, those have been such fun watching growing.

The cat mat you asked on I make for our local animal shelter. They want them 20x28 (but different shelters have different size preferences) and they need to be washable. Other than that, they can be any color and either knit or crochet. They use the mats to put in the cages for the kitties to lay on. They look so bright and cheerful, and give a feeling of caring that just having a towel in there to lay on doesn't give. They are soft and squishy too, so the cats seem to like them. I get the fun of making them, get to donate them to the shelter so get a tax deduction, the shelter gets free nice looking cat mats that make the cats show better and hopefully help catch someones eye, and the cats get a snuggly new mat to lay on, a win-win for everyone.
Sue

stitcherw said...

Oops, forgot to mention that I'm sorry to hear your back has been giving you such problems. I hope they are able to find something to help you feel better soon.
Sue

Carol R said...

Cute critter knitted by you son!
Hope your back gets better soon.

kimstitch3 said...

wow, I'm impressed. YOur son makes me feel stupid.lol. I cant knit ot save my life. i cant coordinate 2 needles. I can crochet but just cant knit. Tell him "great job" from me. I love it.Kimberly

Deanne J said...

Jacob did a great job.

Hope you feel better soon.

Your blog looks great, it makes me feel like a change.

Cheryl said...

What a talented son you have! Go Jacob!!
Sorry to hear you have been in so much pain {{hugs}} I hope going back to work is bearable for you

Kit said...

Your son is so talented, that has to be the cutes elephant that I have ever seen! Hope your back clears up.

tintocktap said...

Love Jacob's cute little critter.... I just can't decide what it is LOL!