Saturday, May 30, 2009

Quaker RR ready to ship.....











Just a quick look at Carol's Quaker RR. It is finished and ready to ship to Valerie. Yeah!




Glad for that, I opened up Valerie's RR to see hers, boohoo boohoo! I get to do those horrible devils horns again on hers! :( Oh well, it's not the end of the world.
John is on a temporary lay off, so he's home for the coming week. I'm looking forward to him being home. Maybe we can do something together, take a day trip, just the two of us.
Here's a look at my flowers, these are my African violets and my orchids. They do so well in my bay window in my kitchen. I'm wanting another little window shelf up above so I can have more plants. (Truthfully I kill any other plants that John brings me. But the violets and orchids must love my kind of abuse, because they continue to bloom and grow!)

We are grilling out baby back ribs. I need to make either mac and cheese or potato salad. Either one is tasty!
Off to lay down! My back is bothering me today! (I keep trying to tell John that sweeping and mopping the floors are harmful to me! ) hahahahaha

Hoping everyone has a wonderful weekend! I know I'm gonna try to do nothing!

DaisyGirl

9 comments:

valerie said...

Yay, great finish and pretty flowers. I can't keep an orchid alive if my life depended on it!

Kim B said...

I don't dare even try to keep an orchid alive!!!

Great RR!

Anonymous said...

That stitching is very pretty.

Tammy said...

I love violets too! Hope your back feels better soon!

Tammy said...

I forgot to tell you that your stitching on that RR is awesome! I love it!

stitcherw said...

Congrats on finishing up your part of the RR, it looks wonderful. Your flowers look lovely too. The only plant I've ever been able to keep alive is an old philadendrum. I've had it about 15 yrs now, don't know how old it was before I was given it, not bad for a plant.
Sue

CindyMae said...

That is a gorgeous RR and your piece looks fantastic but I can see where you get devil horns! LOL Hope your back gets to feeling better!

Carol R said...

Wow Donna my RR looks wonderful - thank you. I'm sorry you had to do the 'devil's horns' - this was my least favourite section too and I only had to stitch it once - poor you!

Anonymous said...

great stitching and the flowers are lovely..