Friday, July 20, 2007

Quick post!

Yesterday was very busy and sad. Our dear friend Miss Mae passed away. She was 89 years old. Feisty was her motto! Do you know what she was doing on Saturday night? She was out dancing at a pub/bar here in GA! I love it! She loved to dance. The family told us she died peacefully, so glad for that. My mom will miss her. It was hard for my mom. We have had two deaths in the last month, they say it comes in threes.
Didn't get a lot done on my RR yesterday, so no update pictures. Gotta play catch up today.
Band meeting last night, these kids are very excited about camp. I personally am not. I promised to go and help out at camp this year, but John is not thrilled at all. He's wanting me to change my mine, can't though, we are already short one person who was gonna help out. Jacob seems to caught in a tug of war between two groups who wanted him to bunk with them. I ended up picking for him to make it easier. I was in charge of the room assignments. I'm glad he's popular, but sometimes I think it goes to his head!
Well, that's all for now, gonna do laundry and stitch!
DaisyGirl

7 comments:

Julie said...

Daisy, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of a family friend. My thoughts will be with you, your mother and her family. Dancing?!? My grandmother is 91 and she'd still be dancing if it were her thing.

Michele said...

what a wonderful thing to be out dancing the night before you pass away .. sounds like a grand life to celebrate! I am sorry for your mom though .. always toughest on the ones left behind isn't it

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Donna, I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss, but just think she lived a great, long life and went out dancing :) Hope I'm lucky enough to do the same.

Yuck Band camp...well hang in there.

janice said...

Sorry to read about Miss Mae's passing. We should all be so lucky to pass after a week-end of dancing.

Cheryl said...

Sorry to hear about your friend.
Am just back and catching up on your blog. Thank-you soooo much for the pif gift, i love it and so kind of you to include a chart and linen too. Ive posted about it on my blog.
Your RR is looking great. I need to start thinking about what im going to stitch on yours :)

stitcherw said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Sounds like she knew how to appreciate and get the most from life and was enjoying it right to the end, when I go that's how I'd like it to be.
{{hugs}}
Sue

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

So sorry about your dear family friend! My prayers are with you all. She sure sounds like some kind of lady! How wonderful she had so much life in her!