Sunday, February 24, 2008

No pictures of baby yet due to.........




The fact that I have been sick. I do believe I picked up something from the hospital. I went home after seeing the new baby and bam, the next morning I was coughing like I had the croup. It was crazy. It hit me so fast, but finally here it is Sunday night and I'm starting to feel normal again.

I have gotten alot of stitching done, I'm happy with myself. My pattern finally came on Friday! I will show a picture of that tomorrow, Jacob sucks up the battery all the time with his movies he makes. So I was only able to take 3 pictures before camera died.

Last week was so rushed with meetings and things that had to get done, I'm hoping for a much quieter week. The only thing scheduled is on Friday and that's Boo Boo Kitty's vet check up for his shots. Poor Boo!

Keep fingers crossed that Jacob makes the Student Leadership Team, only the top ten percent of the class get nominated. Jacob got the nomination and we had to fill out all kinds of paperwork and get it notarized for the school. I know if he gets it, he will get to meet the governor and be a part of young leaders in Gwinnett. This will look good on a collage resume I keep telling him.

Enough of my pride in my son. Now on to other son Jason, hoping for a smooth senior year for him next year. We picked classes this week, he's gonna be taking stagecraft, acting and weight training. Plus the usual three r's. He was the lead in a play 2 years ago and I really felt he did a great job. I know his life is turned upside down right now and trying to know what you want to do after you graduate is hard. I don't know if you have heard of World of Warcraft, but that is Jason's main purpose in life right now. He just wants to play that stupid game( but currently he is grounded due to a failing grade- We are so mean right now he says) hahaha Life stinks son!

Remember, they are all cute and cuddly, then they grow up, shave, stink up the bathroom, and forget to do their homework. Sigh!

Give me strength Lord! I need it!

Hoping that everyone has a great week ahead of them!

DaisyGirl

7 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

All of your stitching looks great! Glad to hear you're better!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Lovely stitching! Keep getting better okay?

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh crap! You mean they grow up and have to shave AND stink up the bathroom??? Oh no...I never thought about that! LOL! Dear Donna, I feel for you...I hope your son starts turning off World of WarCraft soon! :) Our kids think we're mean too because we only let them play computer games on Friday evening and Saturday. That's it....we stink, they say! So I guess its already starting for us.... :)

and I hope your other son gets into the Student Leadership! Thinking and praying for him to succeed!!! HURRAY

Unknown said...

The stitching looks great. Good luck Jacob!
Don't worry too much about Jason, I have a bunch of friends who're really into video games like Halo and WoW and they're all turning out okay :-)

stitcherw said...

Wonderful progress, to bad that it sounds like it had a lot to owe to your having been sick. They all look so pretty, I hope you're better now so you can enjoy stitching when you're not feeling rotten.
Sue

Edgar said...

What super stitchy things you have gotten done!! Glad you are feeling better!! Good luck to Jacob!! Just remember that everything will fall into place eventually for Jason - and all that eye / hand coordination he is getting from WOW.... can't beat that. :)

Michele said...

love your stitching starts! and the RR is really looking great!

ahhh kids .. I have a dear friend that had a hell of a time with both her boys and their addiction to games. It's truly frustrating. My boys for whatever reason have always been able to balance school, work and gaming .. and honestly I don't know why. But even with the addiction both my friends boys have turned out great .. the oldest is done with college and wants to be a policeman .. the other is graduating high school and is going to a computer game design college. See it all can work out :)