Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Stitching at the Shop











On Tuesdays, the shop has day or night stitch-ins. I came for the evening session. We had a blast! Let me introduce you to new friends and follow stitchers! First of is Terrie, the shop owner, and my boss! Anyone who brings chocolate for us to snack on is #1 in my book, then there's Kristine, my bosom buddy! She is a hoot! Love working with her!!! Next is Diane, who is now retired from teaching children for 35 years. Amazing! After listening to her, I wished she would have taught me math instead of Coach Albert(I flunked his Algebra class), I'm a bad person because there was one other lady, but I can't remember her name. I plead early Alzheimer's. We were there until 10pm and it was fun! So if your in GA, drop by one Tuesday night for laughs and chocolate!

I'm holding alittle bitty pin keep for Doreen at work, it was her birthday and I wanted to do alittle something nice for her. When we are paired up in the dish room, she really helps out and makes the workload manageable. I'm on the register 3 days and in the dish room the other two.
I've got my ornament stitched, just need to assemble it! I found the perfect tassel for it! Wahoo!!!!
I will soon be depositing my body in front of the fire, so friends, have a great night.
BTW, John's cousin Glendon passed away with his valiant fight with cancer. Please keep John's family in your prayers again. (Let's hope this doesn't start another year of death and gloom for us!)

Hugs,
DaisyGirl

8 comments:

Michele said...

looks like you gals had a great evening! I'm soooo jealous :)

Faye said...

I am so envious of your wonderful stitch group!~ When I get to GA I will have to find the shop!~~Faye

Kim B said...

Those look like some lovely and happy stitching women! Lucky you to get to work there and play there!

Prayers go out to your whole family from us.

Karen said...

The other one was me - you'll see me more often :) It was fun - but boy was I tired Wednesday - I'm not used to being out late!

Anonymous said...

I had a great time also. I hope you can make it next Tuesday night as well.

My condolences, I can't believe y'all have had yet another death :(

Ralee said...

Well, I missed it and am so unhappy but Tuesday was a really, really no good terrible, bad day. My mother fell three times over the weekend and we've spent the week dealing with the reprecussions. I'll be back next week--hopefully. Miss you guys. And the Stitch Store!!!

Tammy said...

Sorry to hear about your husband's cousin. Your shop pics look so fun!

stitcherw said...

Your stitch-in looks and sounds like a lot of fun. So sorry to hear about John's cousin. ((hugs))
Sue