Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The boring IV time......


Today was my IV for Remicade. Since I've had an allergic reaction the past 2 treatments, they premeditated me and the medrol has made me sick to my stomach! Ugh!!! But hopefully I will start to feel better soon. I will be starting a new medicine to help me sleep. I have been having such a hard time sleeping lately and I told Dr. Jonnala and so she's adding a new med to the arsenal of meds I take. Crossing my fingers that it works!
It only took 3 tries to get the IV started! They talked to me again about a port, but the port issue is once I have it, I won't be able to lift 50 pounds anymore. And I need to be able to do that for my job!
I'm still working away on my 6 Fat Men, I'll take a picture and post tomorrow. It's slowly coming along, I plan to stitch tomorrow night, just didn't stitch tonight since my stomach hurt.
Well, it's night time!
See ya tomorrow!
DaisyGirl

4 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Prayers and huggles.

My Life In Stitches said...

I will be sending you warm thoughts. Hang in there. Anxious to see your progress on three fat men.

Connie said...

I should probably go back and look at your previous posts (I just now showed up on your blog) before I say anything, but are you a candidate for a PICC line? I have been trying to talk my husband into a port (b/c he really likes to swim), but he doesn't want one. He has had his PICC line for almost a year now (he calls it his USB Port!). I just do weekly bandage changes, cap changes, and give him Heparin flushes every other day or two, and it couldn't be simpler. They said there is no time limit for the PICC line (barring infection, of course). It's funny...at the infusion center, they are always ready to hook up his chemo to a port. And from looking around, I think he is the only PICC line amongst a sea of ports!! BUT...he's HAPPY!!

Hope you are feeling better, and have already returned to stitching.

Ginger said...

I am curious about the concern about lifting 50 lbs. Did someone tell you that you would not be able to do so?

The team that puts them in where I live give no weight restrictions. The do caution patients to wait until they are healed to lift etc, but that is a normal precaution.

Also, you need to take good care of your veins as everytime they start an IV, they damage your precious veins just a little bit more.

So please take good care of you and consider the port again in the future as it will actually be a good thing if this is going to be an on-going medical need.

Regardless of your decision, you will most certainly be in my prayers for totally uneventful treatments! Good luck, good thooughts and a great life!

(Trying not to be preachy,so please don't be offended if it "reads" that way.)