Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Almost there......


Sorry friends that I have been a bad blogger. I never in my mind would have thought that a graduating senior would have totally taken over my life. Everyday is a new drama for us.
1. First of we thought Jason wouldn't make it due to failing Physics grade, so it was a daily chore to keep after him to study!
2. Next was his telling us, I want to quit. Heaven forbid.
3. Then it was his I'm moving out!!!! (Over my dead body!)
4. Then graduation invitations. Did he address one envelope? NO! He says to me, you are the ones that wants it! OMG, what was I to do? So I sent out the invitations myself.
5. He does not go to the Baccalaureate Dinner, broke my heart concerning that one.
6. We hang a sign out in the yard for him, hoping that would encourage him.
7. Hope prevails, he wants to graduate now. Friends help boost his morale. Thank you Lord.
8. Fast forward to today: Your son has lost his Sociology book, he won't walk unless we pay the $65 fine. I will be paying that fine tomorrow. Tomorrow is graduation practice.
Friends please continue to pray to keep this stressed out Momma from having a freakin heart attack!
Thursday is graduation! Cross your fingers!

As to stitching, I finished those devil's horns! Finally, I need to email Edgar to figure out who to send to. Need to buckle down on Friday to get this linen in the mail.
How can one life be so totally demanding and insane? I am on empty friends, plus my hubby is totally upset also with Jason's graduation woes. Keep us in your thoughts.
DaisyGirl :(

9 comments:

Kim B said...

You must be losing your mind! He's almost there! And you're going to make it :) I'll definitely be thinking of you these next few days!

valerie said...

Congratulations to Jason on his graduation. It's almost over Donna. It'll be ok. Sorry to hear that the road was bumpy but the result is graduation...yay! Devil's horns can come to me. I'm ready to stitch on Carol's and can send it to Wendy. :)

Cindy F. said...

Oh girl! I just had flashbacks! I went through this too! Mine refused to get his senior pics made...upset me so bad. He wanted to quit school 6 mos before graduation. I felt like you...I thought I'd lose my mind....lol...and now he's glad he DID graduate. A year I wouldn't want to live over!!
Good luck girl! I've got you in my thoughts and prayers:)He'll be fine...it's us that need stronger shoulders! (((HUGS)))

Barb said...

I feel your pain girl! No senior pics, a reluctant attendee to the actual graduation, no party, reluctantly went out to eat afterwards... He had a decent GPA though and always went to school so we were lucky in that respect. But now college is proving to be a challenge and being a young adult male is fraught with uncertainty and full of choices of which path to take, some of which are not great paths to go down. Wishing you well!

Michele said...

oh my sweetie! you have had your hands full! sorry about all the stuff, but looks like it's turning around to be ok for all of you.

(((((((((((donna))))))))))))

LoriRay said...

Bless your hearts!!! You will all be in my thoughts and prayers. What an enormous amount of stress -- no wonder you're running on empty! Hang in there...you're almost there. *hugs*

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Congratulations to your Son. Just hang in there and I hope he does change his attitude. That is a big honor to be able to graduate from high school even though it is high school.

I had classmates that was so jealous of me that they did everything in their power to make me quit but I still persued in not let them get to me and kept right on fighting to the very end and I graduated from High School.

I hope your son will keep on changing his attitude and that he will realize some day that he did not go to the Dinner and his attitude toward School and Graduating has not been the best.

I hope his friends continue to encourage him to the very end.

I will keep you and your son in my prayers.

Take care

CindyMae said...

It does sound like you have had a lot going on! I will be keeping you all in my prayers! He will make it!!

Sharon said...

My son is only completing the eighth grade-but boy do I understand where you were coming from. This gives me a glimpse of my future.